Plans to stay after performing Umrah to perform Hajj

2981 0 522


I have a friend,now she converted to islam 1 year ago, and she"s merried to a christian guy in thier country,now they are separated for 2 years, now my question is how about if she desided to get merried again in islamic way to another guy, it could be a problem for her and to the guy. the other guy who is muslim accept all her past and they love each other.the merriege it could legal, even though thier is no legal papers to the christian guy.
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds.  I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention as well as that of his family and all his companions.
When a woman becomes a Muslim, it is forbidden for her to stay with her non-Muslim husband.  Allah Says about the new Muslim women who are married to non-Muslim men (what means): {...they are not lawful [wives] for them, nor are they lawful [husbands] for them.}[Quran 60:10].  After a waiting period [that she should observe from her husband] she is permitted to marry with this Muslim man or any other Muslim man.  Her waiting period starts from the date she embraced Islam, and there is no need to consider the procedures of the court whether or not the divorce papers are finalized.  So, if it is possible for the marriage to be conducted without being questioned in the court about anything, then all the best, otherwise it is more proper for a Muslim not to humiliate himself and cause her any embarrassment; she should finalise these procedures so that she may marry without any problems.
Finally, it should be noted that it is not permissible for a Muslim woman to establish any affectionate relationship with a marriageable man unless he legally married her.  For more details please refer to Fatwa 81356.
Allah Knows best.

Related Articles

Hajj virtues